Sunday, January 11, 2009

We have arrived at the hospital.

It is 9:00 pm on January 11th. We arrived at the hospital at 7pm. So far they have only drew my blood which was a nightmare. I am waiting for them to start me on Cervadil to soften my cervix, and then in the morning at 8:30am they will start me on Pitocin. I am having pretty bad anxiety. The doctor came in and did an ultrasound and checked Elisha's heartbeat. He is doing great and is still very active. Ok...its now 9:15 and the nurse just gave me the Cervadil. And she also check and I am not dialated at all...so it looks like it may be a long night. She did however give me an Ambien to help me sleep tonight. I was blessed with a Christian nurse that offered to say a prayer when we arrived at the hospital. Hopefully this feeling of anxiety will subside soon. I just got my bag packed an hour before I left for the hospital. This feels all so unreal to me right now, like I am in some kind of dream that I will wake up from. I am praying for peace. I am so nervous. My Ambien shouldnt take too long to kick in so I am going to take some pictures and video and I will report back in the morning. God Bless and thank you for checking in on us.

12 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that all the ladies on WTE are thinking about you and we will be praying for you. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that we aren't there with you, but we are with you. :) Continuing to pray that you get to enjoy as much time as possible with your little one.

    Rachel Y (WTE)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray tonight that you have those precious moments with your son that you and he so deserve. May God comfort you and give you strength during this time. -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Peg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not very active with the Anencephaly support groups right now, but I saw your blog site and wanted to offer you my prayers. I will be thinking of you tonight and in the days that are ahead. I had my daughter Olivia September 2007. We live in Jacksonville, FL. Is that anywhere close to you? Again, I will pray for you in the days and moments to follow. Love, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a brave woman. I will be thinking and praying for all of you tonight. I really admire your courage, I don't know how I would be able to do it. You're truly an amazing person. Good luck and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelley I can't imagine what's going through your mind right now, but I wish the best for you and Elisha. Your family is so brave and I hope you have as much time with her as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shelley, you and your family are and will continue to be in my family's thoughts and prayers. May God be with you.
    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you peace in this trying time. Get some good rest and know that you and your family are in my thoughts! Hang in there, your a strong woman.

    I will be following your blog through your journey, offering a virtual shoulder for when he arrives and blesses your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am thinking of both of you tonight and just said a prayer that God will bless you and your little angel.

    The anxiety is something I am familiar with. Try this, it works. You get anxiety from holding your breath. As soon as you feel the anxiety coming, take a deep breath and let it out. Then slowly take another deep breath and hold it for three seconds, let it out, then don't breath in until your body tells you to, you will feel your heartbeat slow within 5 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelley & Enrique - I am praying for you that you can do the things you were hoping to do with your sweet little boy. I'll also be praying that your labour goes well and that you get all the love and support you need. Although I am far away I am thinking of you every day.

    I love the picture of you pregnant with Elisha. You look beautiful. What a blessing he is. He has already touched so many lives just as Alexis has. God is with you.

    Love Juno

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shelley;
    We are all praying for you and your little guy. I hope that you have the time to do all of the things that you want with him. All of the ladies on WTE are also praying for you, don't forget that we're all here to talk to you if and when you need it. We're all praying for a miracle,
    Krystal (chappylynn WTE)

    ReplyDelete